Above the Fold: All eyes on women’s basketball

Ahead of Crossover at Kinnick, Head Coach Lisa Bluder and point guard Caitlin Clark reflect on the national attention the Iowa team has received.
Iowa+guard+Caitlin+Clark+talks+in+front+of+a+crowd+with+ESPN+analyst+Stephen+A.+Smith+and+media+executive+Mark+Shapiro+on+the+Pentacrest+in+Iowa+City+on+Friday%2C+Oct.+6%2C+2023.+Smith%2C+Shapiro+and+Clark+participated+in+a+publicized+conversation+titled+%E2%80%9CBeyond+the+Game%E2%80%9D+as+part+of+the+2023+University+of+Iowa+Homecoming.+%E2%80%9CThe+hardest+thing+is+%28to+decide%29+whether+I+stay+another+year+or+whether+this+is+my+last+year.+But+right+now%2C+we+have+an+amazing+year+coming+up+here.+Let%E2%80%99s+focus+on+that%2C%E2%80%9D+Clark+said.+
Shuntaro Kawasaki
Iowa guard Caitlin Clark talks in front of a crowd with ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith and media executive Mark Shapiro on the Pentacrest in Iowa City on Friday, Oct. 6, 2023. Smith, Shapiro and Clark participated in a publicized conversation titled “Beyond the Game” as part of the 2023 University of Iowa Homecoming. “The hardest thing is (to decide) whether I stay another year or whether this is my last year. But right now, we have an amazing year coming up here. Let’s focus on that,” Clark said.

The highly anticipated Crossover at Kinnick exhibition event this Sunday is set to be the most attended women’s basketball game of all time. Nearly 50,000 tickets have been purchased for the game between the Iowa women’s basketball team and the DePaul Blue Demons. Fourth-year point guard Caitlin Clark has brought national attention to the Iowa Women’s Basketball Program.

RELATED:Makes the young ones believe’: Iowa women’s basketball guard Caitlin Clark’s immeasurable impact on women’s sports

Above the Fold is hosted and produced by Natalie Dunlap.