Jackson expected to start against Michigan

Alaric Jackson is expected to see the field for the first time since going down with an injury in Iowa’s season-opener.

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

Iowa offensive linemen Alaric Jackson embraces Purdue safety Navon Mosley during the Iowa/Purdue football game in Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. The Boilermakers defeated the Hawkeyes, 24-15. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Pete Ruden, Pregame Editor

Alaric Jackson’s return could not have come at a better time for Iowa.

After going down with an injury on Iowa’s second drive of its season-opener against Miami (Ohio), Jackson is expected to start against Michigan on Saturday, according to Iowa Radio.

Even without Jackson, the Hawkeyes have been solid up front. Kyler Schott stepped in right away in wake of Jackson’s injury before Cole Banwart was called upon when Schott got hurt.

Iowa ran for a season-high 351 yards against Middle Tennessee last week, pushing three different backs past the 90-yard mark.

Now, with a healthier offensive line heading into one of its toughest challenges of the season, Iowa will attempt to do it all again.