Jordan Bohannon drawing Steph Curry comparisons after clutch performance

After hitting five 3-pointers against Indiana, Jordan Bohannon drew comparisons to one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Katina Zentz

Iowa guard Jordan Bohannon shoots the ball past Indiana guard Devonte Green during men’s basketball vs. Indiana at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Friday, February 22, 2019. The Hawkeyes defeated the Hoosiers 76-70. (Katina Zentz/The Daily Iowan)

Adam Hensley, Pregame Editor

Against Indiana on Friday, Iowa’s Jordan Bohannon unleashed a fiery wrath of 3-pointers, draining three 3-pointers in a span of 2:27.

All in all, the junior scored 17 points, hitting five 3-pointers, and head coach Fran McCaffery drew comparisons to Golden State’s Steph Curry.

“I remember when we signed him, I said he’s a lot like Steph,” McCaffery said. “And what I meant was that he has that quick trigger. Steph Curry pulls right in your face and that’s what Jordan does. And everybody’s like, he’s not like Steph. But he kind of is with those shots and his ability to make those shots look easy. And the great thing is we’ve got a group of guys that will get the ball to him.”

His teammates agreed.

“I think it’s a pretty obvious comparison,” Tyler Cook said. “They shoot from their houses basically. They make big-time shots.”

“The way that he has the ability to shoot from deep range and pull up at any time,” Ryan Kriener said. “It doesn’t matter where the defender is.”

Bohannon is now shooting 41 percent from 3-point range after his performance against the Hoosiers on Friday.