This Week in Photos (11/16/18)

DI Photo Staff

Every week, Daily Iowan photo editors select a series of photographs that represents both the major news of the week as well as the best photography from the photo staff as a whole. The photo staff is part of a strong tradition of visual storytelling at the DI.

• Artifacts, an antique shop in the Northside neighborhood, is seen on Monday, Nov. 12, 2018.

• Iowa’s Tyler Cook controls the offense at the middle of the second half during the Iowa vs. Green Bay basketball game. The Hawkeyes defeated the Phoenix 93-83 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018.

Chris Kalous

• Iowa guard Makenzie Meyer No. 3 drives into the lane during a women's basketball game against Oral Roberts University on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. The Hawkeyes defeated the Golden Eagles 90-77.

• The University of Iowa Club Quidditch team prepares for an inter-squad scrimmage at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018.

• The Barry White bus is seen at the Iowa football alumni tailgate prior to the football match between Iowa and Northwestern on Saturday, Nov. 11, 2018. Names of cancer survivors are listed throughout the walls of the bus.

• Fans tailgate in the Adler parking lot for the Iowa/ Northwestern game on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018.

• The psychedelic rock band Waverly as seen in the space where they produce their music. The band members as seen Ian (left), Brendan (middle) and Ethan (right) in Iowa City on Nov. 13, 2018.

• The Hawkeye Marching Band performed during Band Extravaganza at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Tuesday Nov. 13, 2018. The Iowa Symphony Band, The Johnson County Landmark jazz band, and Hawkeye Marching Band performed various pieces.

Michael Guhin

• U.S. Army veteran Kenny Williams undergoes a dental procedure from fourth-year student Madeline Stead at the UI College of Dentistry on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018. Thanks to a program called Veterans for Everyone, servicemen and women like Williams have gained access to dental care at no cost.

• Maj. Gen. (retired) Stewart Wallace addresses the crowd at the Hawkeye Distinguished Veterans Memorial Awards Ceremony at the IMU on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018.

• Barney the Cat stands alongside veterinary technician Jackie Bartlett at Bright Eyes and Bushy Tails Veterinary Hospital in Iowa City on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018.

• Beck O'Brien reads the names of trans people who have died in 2018 at Danforth Chapel on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018. The Trans Day of Remembrance Vigil is an annual event thats occurred across the world since 1999. The event concluded with attendees writing messages on post-it notes that was turned into a collage and will be displayed at the LGBTQ Resource Center.

Facebook Comments