Spring is supreme

Zohar Nadler, Opinions Columnist

We have endured the winter. Flowers are finally blooming, temperatures are rising, and many students are almost graduated. Spring semester is when the weather gets better, not worse. It goes by quickly, and there are better breaks.

Spring semester is a metaphor to seeing light at the end of a tunnel. The light being a three-month-long break that could include working (and by working, I mean not being broke) or taking on a new adventure such as traveling or an internship.

As someone who lives for the summer and sunshine, the spring semester keeps me motivated because I know that spring break is my halfway point and summer is at the end. Exciting endings keep me driven while also thriving in pursuit of my goals.

During the fall, I know that a break comes where I will have just a month off and be indoors as the weather in Iowa is still brutal. In addition, Thanksgiving break is placed weirdly toward the end of the semester, when we students long for a break many weeks prior. Finals are around the corner during Thanksgiving break and instead of relaxing, many students stress out.

On the other hand, spring semester has a perfect break in the middle of the semester with a long break at the end. Moreover, I feel that my focus is more intact during the spring because weekends are not consumed with Hawkeye football and fall festivities. While I love both, school, work, and maintaining a routine come first. Spring semester, I am ready for you.