Coralville man accused of two counts of child endangerment causing bodily injury

Rachel Steil, News Reporter

A Coralville man has been accused of inappropriately touching a minor multiple times over the course of a year. 

Robin Castillo Fuentes, 36, was charged on Nov. 4 with 16 counts of indecent contact with a child, 16 counts of lascivious conduct with a minor, 15 counts of endangerment without injury, and two counts of child endangerment causing bodily injury. 

A warrant was issued for Castillo Fuentes’ arrest on Monday. 

According to the arrest affidavit, Castillo Fuentes admitted to using his hand and mouth to inappropriately make contact with a minor on multiple occasions from July 20, 2018 to Oct. 25. 

Castillo Fuentes admitted to entering the minor victim’s room multiple times and forcing them to disrobe between the dates listed above. At the time, Castillo Fuentes was in a position of authority over the victim, the affidavit said. 

During the time period listed above, Castillo Fuentes endangered the physical, mental, and emotional health of the minor victim, the affidavit said. 

On two occasions in August 2018, Castillo Fuentes caused bodily injury to the minor victim. According to the affidavit, the victim tried to escape Castillo Fuentes’ advances, and he used force to grab the victim’s arm, causing pain and bruising. 

Child endangerment causing bodily injury is a Class-D felony.