Iowa City man accused of incest, sexual abuse

Kayli Reese, Managing News Editor

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of an Iowa City man on incest and sexual abuse charges.

Marvin Ramos, 36, 1619 Vesti Lane, is suspected of incest, lascivious acts with a child, two counts of indecent contact with a child, assault with intent to commit sexual abuse, and third-degree sexual abuse.

According to the arrest affidavit, Ramos had sex with his half-sister, who was then 14 years old, two times against her will in August 2010. 

Before and after these incidents, the affidavit said, Ramos is said to have groped the victim in multiple areas, both when the victim was in the shower and wearing clothes. 

The victim told officers Ramos began touching her inappropriately and groping her while she was between the ages of eight and 12 years old, the affidavit said, and he assaulted her numerous times when she was between the ages of 12 and 16 years old. 

The victim would try to wear clothing items that would prevent Ramos from touching her. She also said she was “so afraid to take a shower that she would cover herself with one hand while she cleaned herself with the other,” the affidavit said.

Incest is a Class-D felony. Lascivious acts with a child and third-degree sexual abuse are Class-C felonies.