One-on-One with Hawkeye wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Daily Iowan Sports Editor Pete Ruden caught up with Hawkeye wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette to ask him some of life’s most thought-provoking questions.

Katina Zentz

Indiana defensive back Issac James prepares to tackle Iowa wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette during Iowa’s game at Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Hawkeyes beat the Hoosiers 42-16.

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

Daily Iowan: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Ihmir Smith Marsette: If I could have any superpower, it would be [the ability to] teleport.

DI: What is your favorite play from this year?

Smith-Marsette: My 60-yard touchdown, but right behind that comes my kickoff return [against Minnesota]. I’m kind of mad that I didn’t score on that one.

DI: If you could play one video game for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Smith-Marsette: That’s kind of hard. I play like three video games, but it would probably be Call of Duty.

DI: Which three games?

Smith-Marsette: Call of Duty, Fortnite, and 2K.

DI: What is your dream vacation?

Smith-Marsette: I think it’s Iceland, where they got the little smoke and the little lake. I guess it’s a lake, and there’s a lot of mist and stuff like that, so I think that’s pretty cool.

DI: When you’re walking into the stadium, who are you listening to?

Smith-Marsette: A [variety] of different artists — Lil Baby, Gunna, Quando Rondo, Lucci, Kodak. A lot of people that get me amped up.

DI: Who is an NFL player you model your game after?

Smith-Marsette: Desean Jackson. That’s easy. I’ve been watching him since ’08 Eagles. I’m a big time Eagles fan, big time Desean Jackson fan. Big time, big time.

DI: If you had to assemble a 4×100-meter track team with players from the team, who would you choose?

Smith-Marsette: I’m taking me, Noah Fant, Kyle Groeneweg, and Brandon Smith.

DI: What is the best fast-food restaurant?

Smith-Marsette: Wendy’s. 100 percent real beef.

DI: What is the best advice you have received?

Smith-Marsette: Don’t fall into the success trap.