Who is the best wideout in the NFL?

AP
FILE – In this July 30, 2016, file photo, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham runs a drill during NFL football training camp in East Rutherford, N.J. The Giants open the preseason on Friday, Aug. 12, 2016, when they host the Miami Dolphins. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez, File)

Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers

By nearly any metric, Antonio Brown is the best wideout in the NFL.

Sure, it helps he has Ben Roethlisberger (owner of perhaps the strongest arm in the league) throwing to him, but he’s been at the top of the heap for a while now. He’s been on the AP’s first-team the past two seasons, and his performances speak for themselves.

He has topped 1,500 yards from scrimmage each of the past three years, including an incredible 1,834 receiving yards last season. Brown is a player who is multifaceted and can be a special-team threat as well.

Since coming into the league in 2010, he’s scored four touchdowns on punt returns and another on a kick return. Brown averages nearly 10 yards per punt return, which is not easy to do in the NFL.

Even more impressive is how he’s managed to stay healthy. Brown hasn’t missed a game in any of the past three seasons, a truly remarkable feat. He does have a bit of a fumbling issue, but his overall production more than makes up for a few turnovers.

Oh, and he’s an excellent and consistent fantasy-football option as well.

If there’s a knock against him, it might be his playoff stats. Brown has never scored a touchdown in the playoffs, and the last three seasons have been one game and done for him. While he has put up more than 100 yards in each of his last two playoff games, the lack of a score does hurt him.

However, it’s hard to put all the blame of the lack of playoff success on him. Pittsburgh has had problems on defense over the past few years, and Roethlisberger is often fighting injuries.

The Steeler offense again has potential to be monstrous this year and Brown should be a huge part of that.

— Jordan Hansen

Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants

In a pass-friendly league, wide receivers across the NFL are becoming more and more talented. That being said, the debate on which receiver sits atop the throne ends with one player: Odell Beckham Jr.

You know you’ve made it when you’re hanging out with Drake in your free time.

In his rookie year, Beckham hauled in one of the greatest catches of all-time: a mesmerizing, one-handed, falling-down snag for a touchdown on prime-time television. One play does not define an entire career, however, so many were skeptical if the 23-year-old could cement himself as one of the best pass-catchers in the league.

He did just that.

The Giants’ star grabbed 96 passes (13 touchdowns) for 1,450 yards last season — despite being suspended for a game.

Beckham is arguably one of the most athletic receivers we’ve ever seen. His acrobatic, tiptoeing catches are becoming a trademark. Not to mention, he’s absolutely fearless.

He’s known to run routes across the field without fear and challenge the best defenders in the league (such as Josh Norman, who Beckham fought numerous times in their meeting last season, which resulted in his suspension.)

The recipe for a top-tier wide receiver is simple. The great ones have superb hands, breakneck speed and agility, and a passion for the game that stops at nothing.

Beckham has it all, folks.

— Adam Hensley