Iowa’s Caitlin Clark becomes Fanatics’ top-selling college athlete after breaking scoring record

According to Fanatics, more Clark-branded merchandise was sold in the 24-hour window after she broke the scoring record than any other men’s or women’s collegiate athlete has sold since the start of NIL merchandise in 2022. 
Ayrton Breckenridge
Iowa guard Caitlin Clark signs autographs after a women’s basketball game between No. 4 Iowa and Michigan at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024. The Hawkeyes defeated the Wolverines, 106-89.

Caitlin Clark is not just the face of college basketball but one of the most popular athletes in all of sports.

Last Thursday, the Iowa star guard hit her signature deep three from the Hawkeye logo to eclipse Kelsey Plum as the NCAA women’s basketball all-time leading scorer. She also set a career-high and program-record 49 points to lead the Hawkeyes to a 106-89 win over Michigan. 

After her record-breaking night, Clark surpassed Colorado quarterback Shedeur Sanders to become Fanatics’ top-selling athlete in the NIL Era.

One of Clark’s top-selling items includes her Nike apparel that reads, “You break it, you own it” which was released moments after she reached 3,528 points.  Another is her Topps Now trading card, which sold out in under 10 minutes. The 6-foot sharpshooter has NIL brand deals with State Farm, Gatorade, Buick, Bose, Goldman Sachs, H&R Block, and the Midwest grocery store chain, Hy-Vee.