Stanley, Ojemudia, Young to represent Iowa at Big Ten media days

Quarterback Nate Stanley, defensive back Michael Ojemudia, and running back Toren Young will join head coach Kirk Ferentz at Big Ten Media Days July 18-19.

Iowa+quarterback+Nate+Stanley+prepares+to+throw+a+pass+during+the+Iowa%2FPurdue+game+at+Ross-Ade+Stadium+in+West+Lafayette+on+Saturday%2C+Nov.+3%2C+2018.+The+Boilermakers+defeated+the+Hawkeyes%2C+38-36.+

Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley prepares to throw a pass during the Iowa/Purdue game at Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018. The Boilermakers defeated the Hawkeyes, 38-36.

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

For the second year in a row, Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley will represent Hawkeye football at Big Ten media days in Chicago on July 18-19, along with defensive back Michael Ojemudia and running back Toren Young.

Stanley’s second appearance comes after a season in which he threw for 2,852 yards and 26 touchdowns, second in the Big Ten.

Ojemudia started seven games and played in all 13 last season, racking up 3 interceptions, 6 pass breakups, and 39 tackles.

Young, the only junior of the group, finished second on the team in rushing last season, gaining 637 yards and 5 touchdowns.

With the announcement of attendees, the Hawkeyes will not take true juniors A.J. Epenesa and Tristan Wirfs, who could both be first-round NFL Draft picks after this season.

Other notable players around the Big Ten who will not make the trip include Ohio State’s J.K. Dobbins and Chase Young, Michigan’s Shea Patterson and Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Penn State’s Yetur Gross-Matos.

The event will include a Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon on at 11:30 a.m. July 19, which will be hosted by ESPN’s Rece Davis and include interviews from Laura Rutledge.