Big Ten schedule set for Hawkeye basketball

Iowa has three Friday games in Carver, including its Big-Ten opener against Wisconsin.

Iowa forward Tyler Cook (5) dunks the ball over Wisconsin's Ethan Happ (22) during the NCAA men's basketball game between Iowa and Wisconsin at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018. The Hawkeyes are going into the game with a conference record of 1-7. Iowa went on to defeat Wisconsin 85-67. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Al

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Al

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Al

Adam Hensley, Pregame Editor

Just a few days after Iowa released its nonconference slate of games for 2018, the Big Ten announced its schedule for the 2018-19 season.

For the first time in conference history, the Big Ten schedule will consist of 20 games for each team.

The Hawkeyes’ full schedule, now including Big Ten games:

Some notes on the conference schedule:

• There are three Friday games in Carver: Wisconsin on Nov. 30, Michigan on Feb. 1, and Indiana on Feb. 22.

• Iowa’s conference opener against Wisconsin at home marks the seventh time in nine years that Fran McCaffery’s squad has opened the Big Ten schedule in Carver.

• The Hawkeyes’ final two games of the season are road contests. This will be the first time playing consecutive road games to close a schedule since the 2009-10 season.

• Iowa @ Nebraska on March 10 marks just the second time in nine season that the Hawkeyes will conclude their regular season in a road venue.

• Iowa will play Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Wisconsin twice this season, one game in Carver and the other on the road.

Facebook Comments