Big Ten schedule set for Hawkeye basketball

Iowa has three Friday games in Carver, including its Big-Ten opener against Wisconsin.

Iowa forward Tyler Cook (5) dunks the ball over Wisconsin's Ethan Happ (22) during the NCAA men's basketball game between Iowa and Wisconsin at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018. The Hawkeyes are going into the game with a conference record of 1-7. Iowa went on to defeat Wisconsin 85-67. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Al

The Daily Iowan; Photo by Ben Al

Adam Hensley, Pregame Editor

Just a few days after Iowa released its nonconference slate of games for 2018, the Big Ten announced its schedule for the 2018-19 season.

For the first time in conference history, the Big Ten schedule will consist of 20 games for each team.

The Hawkeyes’ full schedule, now including Big Ten games:

Some notes on the conference schedule:

• There are three Friday games in Carver: Wisconsin on Nov. 30, Michigan on Feb. 1, and Indiana on Feb. 22.

• Iowa’s conference opener against Wisconsin at home marks the seventh time in nine years that Fran McCaffery’s squad has opened the Big Ten schedule in Carver.

• The Hawkeyes’ final two games of the season are road contests. This will be the first time playing consecutive road games to close a schedule since the 2009-10 season.

• Iowa @ Nebraska on March 10 marks just the second time in nine season that the Hawkeyes will conclude their regular season in a road venue.

• Iowa will play Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Wisconsin twice this season, one game in Carver and the other on the road.

Adam Hensley, Pregame Editor

Adam Hensley is the current Pregame Editor at the DI, covering football, men’s basketball, and baseball. Formerly the DI Sports Editor, Hensley has been on staff for all four years of his time at the University of Iowa, covering a wide range of sports, including cross-country, track and field, and women’s basketball.

• Big Ten schedule set for Hawkeye basketball

Men's Basketball

New number represents Tyler Cook’s growth

DITV

DITV: Basketball player Tyler Cook will return for next season

Point guard Connor McCaffery ready for a fresh start

Men's Basketball

Hawkeye basketball looks to improve defense

Men's Basketball

A healthy Luka Garza is key for Iowa basketball

Men's Basketball

Iowa basketball’s Garza out indefinitely following surgery

Men's Basketball

Previewing Iowa basketball’s non-conference schedule

Men's Basketball

Iowa basketball’s stat-sheet hero: Luka Garza

Men's Basketball

Leonard trade Spurs’ disappointment

Men's Basketball

All eyes on incoming freshman Joe Wieskamp this basketball season