Four Hawkeye golfers represent Iowa in Des Moines

The Hawkeye golf team sent four golfers to Des Moines on Monday.

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

Iowa golfer Ryoto Furuya stands with Alex Moorman during a men’s golf practice on Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017. The men’s team will travel to Minnesota for the Gopher Invitational on Sept. 10.(Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Sean Bock, [email protected]

The Iowa men’s golf team had four players competing at the Zach Johnson Invitational in Des Moines on Monday.

Instead of competing as a team, the golfers represented themselves individually.

RELATED: Hawkeye golfers head to Zach Johnson invitational

Redshirt sophomore Alex Moorman, who tied for 21st, led the pack for Iowa. Moorman shot a 78 and 73 through the first two rounds, 9-over.

Freshman Jaewook Lee, making his college début, trailed Moorman. He shot a 76 and 78, including a triple bogey on the back nine of the second round, and tied for 34th at 12-over.

Freshman Jake Rowe, also making his college début, followed Lee. Rowe shot a 75 and 81, 14-over, and tied for 41st.

Junior Aaron DeNucci tied for 51st place. He shot a 79 in the first round, but a 9 on a par-four on the first hole of the second round hurt him. The Clive native finished with an 81 and 18-over par.

Third-round action is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. today in a shotgun format.

Facebook Comments