Iowa City police searching for missing 20-year-old

Cristian Martinez, a 20-year-old from Muscatine, Iowa, is missing after visiting Iowa City. Martinez was last seen in the alley behind the Iowa City bar Bardot.

Emily Nyberg

A missing persons poster is seen on the corner of South Gilbert and South Linn streets in Iowa City on Sunday, April 16, 2023. 20-year-old Cris Martinez was last seen around 1 a.m. on Saturday.

Natalie Miller, News Reporter

The Iowa City Police Department is seeking the help of the public in finding a 20-year-old who went missing this past weekend in Iowa City. 

Cristian Martinez from Muscatine, Iowa, has been missing since the early morning hours of Saturday. 

According to a tweet from Iowa City Public Safety, Martinez was last seen around 1 a.m. near 347 S. Gilbert St. in the alley behind Bardot bar in Iowa City. 

The tweet states that Martinez’s phone had died earlier that evening, and he was unable to be reached by those attempting to contact him.

Additionally, the Iowa City Police Department is asking for anyone with information to contact the department at 319-356-5275.