University of Iowa 2021 grads now allowed six guests at Kinnick celebration

In an email to Celebration of Graduates participants, the UI announced more tickets will be available for graduates to bring guests.

Ayrton Breckenridge

Fans sit in Kinnick Stadium during a spring football practice on Saturday, May 1, 2021.

Alexandra Skores, Managing Editor

University of Iowa 2021 graduates can now bring up to six guests at the first ever Celebration of Graduates at Kinnick Stadium.

In an email to participants, the UI announced that based on projected attendance for the event, each student would be provided more tickets.

As previously reported in The Daily Iowan, the UI announced on March 19 that an in-person, outdoor celebration at Kinnick Stadium would be an option for graduates. Students were originally allowed two guests for the event.

Graduates will not walk across a stage, however, names and photos will be displayed on Kinnick Stadium’s video board before and after the program. Graduates will be honored as group within their college and hear remarks from UI administrators and student leaders.

The event will take place on Sunday, May 16 at 3:00 p.m. with gates opening at 1:30 p.m. All details of the event can be found on the UI’s commencement website.