Today’s Photos (12/07/17)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Ben A
The women’s 200m IM prepare to leave the blocks during the second day of USA Swimming Junior Nationals at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017. Both men’s and women’s swimming will compete until Dec. 9. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Dr. Dan McGehee speaking at the Stanley Cafe in Hancher Auditorium on Thursday, Dec, 7, 2017. The presentation discussed the advancements in automated driving made here at the University of Iowa. (Ashley Morris/The Daily Iowan)
A swimmer sits by the practice pool during the second day of USA Swimming Junior Nationals at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017. Both men’s and women’s swimming will compete until Dec. 9. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa’s Jordan Bohannon guards Iowa State’s Donovan Jackson during the Iowa Corn CyHawk Series men’s basketball game at Hilton Coliseum in Ames on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017. The Cyclones defeated the Hawkeyes, 84-78. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)
One of the swimmers tightens his goggles during the second day of USA Swimming Junior Nationals at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017. Both men’s and women’s swimming will compete until Dec. 9. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Host Joan Kjaer, Cory Gundlach, and UI Museum of Art artist-in-residence Eric Adjetey Anang speak at a World Canvass event at Merge in Iowa City on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017. The night’s event focused on art and the afterlife and featured a large fish shaped coffin made by Anang. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)