Bernie Sanders to visit Hancher with new book

Former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders will read from his new book, Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution, at Hancher.
Getty Images
NEW YORK, NY – NOVEMBER 14: Bernie Sanders Signs Copies Of “Our Revolution: A Future To Believe In” at Barnes & Noble, 5th Avenue on November 14, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)

As of today, 828 days have passed since Sen. Bernie Sanders formally announced his campaign to run for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

Despite the overwhelming support he received during his run, Sanders failed to secure the Democratic nomination. However, he continues striving to turn his ideals into reality through a literary medium.

On Tuesday, Sanders released his latest book, Bernie Sanders’ Guide to Political Revolution. At 7:30 p.m. today, the former presidential candidate will talk about the book, among other topics, at Hancher.

During his campaign, Sanders gained a notable following that relied heavily on millennials. More young people showed support for Sanders than they did for both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump combined, according to the book.

RELATED: Sanders promotes grass-roots activism to create ‘vibrant democracy’

Sanders targeted his book primarily toward teenagers and young adults. He said that these days, the younger generation tends to agree with his political stances. In his words, “That’s not Bernie Sanders talking, it is poll after poll talking.”

Over the course of 200 pages, Sanders leaves no topic ignored, tackling a wide range of issues such as decreasing college tuition, reforming Wall Street, and preventing climate change. People who have followed Sanders throughout his campaign will notice how he stays true to his character by further defending his stances.

Several artists contributed their talents to the book, creating graphs to showcase the extremes of Wall Street and the average wages among different demographics. As many young people intensely fought to make Sanders campaign visible, this book was his ultimate way of saying “Thank you” to his supporters.

Sanders clearly gets across how the younger generation will always have the opportunity to achieve his vision, and the book could be seen as a building block in creating a new future.

Prairie Lights Presents Bernie Sanders

When: 7 p.m.

Where: Hancher