Around the Big Ten: Week 13

“We only have two weeks of regular-season football left. so I’m crying on the inside.”

Katina Zentz

Penn State running back Journey Brown (left) and offensive lineman C.J. Thorpe celebrate a touchdown during the Iowa football game against Penn State in Iowa City on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019. The Nittany Lions defeated the Hawkeyes 17-12.

Pete Ruden, Pregame Editor

Big Ten power rankings

1. Ohio State

Ohio State has been No. 1 all year, and it will be No. 1 for the rest of the year.

2. Penn State

Penn State’s playing Ohio State in the real Big Ten Championship on Saturday.

3. Wisconsin

It’s almost unfair to have both Jonathan Taylor and Wisconsin’s defense. How have the Badgers possibly lost twice?

4. Michigan

I want Jim Harbaugh and Ryan Day to continue the Harbaugh-Urban Meyer rivalry.

5. Iowa

Due to recent events that involve a certain Hawkeye team beating a certain Gopher team, Iowa is once again in the top 5.

6. Minnesota

Due to recent events that involve a certain Hawkeye team beating a certain Gopher team, Minnesota has fallen out of the top 5.

7. Indiana

Peyton Ramsey is named after Peyton Manning, so the Hoosiers should pretty much be at No. 1.

8. Illinois

Just as we all thought in August — a difficult two-game stretch for Iowa composing of Minnesota and Illinois at home.

9. Michigan State

Good thing basketball season’s here.

10. Purdue

I don’t know why, but Purdue has a special place in my heart. Just not in these power rankings.

11. Nebraska

The Huskers are fighting for bowl eligibility these next two weeks, so maybe they’ll actually be the team people thought they were in August.

12. Maryland

Maryland scored 142 points in its first two weeks. It has scored 138 in the eight since.

13. Northwestern

Massachusetts still covered against the Wildcats.

14. Rutgers

Scoring 21 points against Ohio State counts as a victory in my book.

Big Ten schedule

No 9 Penn State @ No. 2 Ohio State

11 a.m. | FOX

The real Big Ten title game will be a wild one. I’d be shocked if the Nittany Lions pull it off, but what a story it would make.

No. 11 Minnesota @ Northwestern

11 a.m. | ABC

There goes Northwestern’s shot at ending Minnesota’s perfect season. Like it would’ve happened anyways. The Wildcats couldn’t even cover against a 1-10 team.

Illinois @ No. 19 Iowa

11 a.m. | BTN

Illinois has been one of the hottest teams in the Big Ten recently, but Iowa shouldn’t have a problem coming off a top-10 win at Kinnick. Unless it has a big letdown, which we’ve seen before.

Michigan State @ Rutgers

11 a.m. | FS1

I can’t decide which game will be worse to watch, this or Nebraska-Maryland. Whoever gets through either of those deserves a cookie.

No. 12 Michigan @ Indiana

2:30 p.m. | ESPN

Indiana would be an even better story if backup Peyton Ramsey finds a way to take down Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines. If that happens, the Hoosiers need to be re-ranked ASAP.

Nebraska @ Maryland

2:30 p.m. | BTN

The cookie is still up for grabs. If you get through both, I’ll even buy you two cookies.

Purdue @ No. 14 Wisconsin

3 p.m. | FOX

If David Blough was still around, I would seriously think the Boilermakers could pull of the upset in Camp Randall. But he’s not, so I don’t.