Guest Opinion: The Democrats don’t believe in you

The schoolyard bully that is Democratic Party isn’t on your side, and will lose because of it.

TNS

From left, Democratic presidential candidates New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), former housing secretary Julian Castro, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), former Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, and former Maryland congressman John Delaney take part in the first night of the Democratic presidential debate on Wednesday, June 26, 2019, in Miami, Fla. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images/TNS)

There is an ongoing effort to persuade U.S. college students to believe and join their enemies, making sure they keep supporting what hurts them and believing what deceives them.

This effort focuses on the many problems of the country. It uses divisive language to tear communities and relationships apart. It supports an ongoing barrage of hate-filled narratives to instill anger into its subjects. But lift your head and realize these three things: You have great value, you were created to win, and you have great potential for your lives.

The Democratic Party always wants you to feel guilt for things you should not feel guilty about — things you are not responsible for. For example, Democratic leadership has started advocating for reparations paid for by you (and all taxpayers) for those who were enslaved in the 1800s, even though you had nothing to do with this. This guilt is not yours to own; it is solely owned by those who participated in that abhorrent industry. Any responsibility charged to you to make you or any other American feel guilty for this is a lie.

This lie — and many others perpetrated by the Democratic Party — are rooted in trying to get you to believe that you are not that great, that you are not worthy of greatness, and that you have no right to win again. They want you and I and our country to be brought low, more level with the rest of the world because they know the power of a free country — the power to shine brightly to the rest of the world. When this light shines, it embarrasses other countries, corrupt world leaders, and crony businessmen that also have the potential to be great but choose not to be. This is because they want to hold on to the power of “the few” in their society in exchange for the freedom and greatness of their people.

Like a schoolyard bully who only keeps his power by intimidation, Democrats hold their power by continuous allegations and recrimination. They have no optimism, no vision, and no pride in their own people.

There is no shame in winning and being great. The only shame left is for the bully who loses the fight after the underdog punches back, shattering his façade of intimidation through empty words. Leave the haters and losers in the dust and join the team that is winning, revitalizing, and reshaping the future of our great people. Come join with me in supporting our president, Donald J. Trump.

Trump stands up to the bullies, the accusers, and the losers. He says it like it is; sometimes bullies need to be told things directly, and sometimes that just doesn’t sound nice. But in the end, he is saying what needs to be said and doing what needs to be done to start winning again.

And even if you still support Democrats, know we are still cheering for you. You are still our brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends. You have great potential, and you shall not be used by a political party any longer.

— Brennan Kelly
Marion, Iowa, resident