Iowa football set to wear alternate uniforms against Penn State on Oct. 12

Iowa will rock gold uniforms when it faces Penn State in Kinnick Stadium on Oct. 12.

The Hawkeyes take the field before their game against Wisconsin at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, September 22, 2018. The Badgers defeated the Hawkeyes 28-17.

Nick Rohlman

Nick Rohlman

Nick Rohlman

Pete Ruden, Sports Editor

For the first time since thrashing Ohio State, 55-24, on Nov. 4, 2017, Iowa will wear alternate uniforms. The Hawkeyes will don them for the first time against Penn State on Oct. 12.

The Hawkeye football Twitter account tweeted a video June 26 with the team’s reaction to the uniforms before showing what they would look like.

The uniforms feature a gold jersey with throwback wing-like stripes on the shoulders to go along with gold pants and gold socks. The helmet features a gold facemask as well as a thick gold stripe down the middle.

The time for the Penn State game has yet to be determined. The game will also serve as the team’s “Stripeout” game, in which each section in the stands alternates wearing black and gold.

Facebook Comments