Women’s golf sets off for final fall go-around

The Hawkeyes want to bounce back from a last-place finish in their previous outing.

Iowa golfer Morgan Kukla poses for a photo during media day at Finkbine on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015. Iowa will host their annual Diane Thomason Invitational on Step. 12-13 at Finkbine. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Sean Bock, [email protected]

The Iowa women’s golf team will travel to Atlanta for the Ladies Fall Collegiate this weekend.

The field is made up of 12 teams, including three in Golfweek’s top-50 rankings: No. 16 Illinois, No. 25 Louisville, No.39 East Carolina, Georgia, Kennesaw State, Georgia State, Indiana, Augusta State, Coastal Carolina, Dartmouth, and Minnesota.

Hawkeye senior Jessica Ip will hold the No. 1 spot this weekend. Junior Kristin Glesne, senior Elisa Suarez, junior Shawn Rennegarbe, and senior Morgan Kukla round out the lineup.

RELATED: Women’s golf falls behind in Chapel Hill

Freshman Stephanie Herzog will compete as an individual for the second tournament in a row.

The tournament will be played at the Highlands course, which was designed in 1964 and underwent changes in 2006.

The team will try to shake off its last-place finish at the Ruth Chris Tar Heel Invitational two weeks ago. The first round is set to begin today at 7:30 a.m. (CDT).

The tourney will conclude the fall portion of the Hawkeye season.

Facebook Comments