Women’s golf sets off for final fall go-around

The Hawkeyes want to bounce back from a last-place finish in their previous outing.
Iowa golfer Morgan Kukla poses for a photo during media day at Finkbine on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015. Iowa will host their annual Diane Thomason Invitational on Step. 12-13 at Finkbine. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

The Iowa women’s golf team will travel to Atlanta for the Ladies Fall Collegiate this weekend.

The field is made up of 12 teams, including three in Golfweek’s top-50 rankings: No. 16 Illinois, No. 25 Louisville, No.39 East Carolina, Georgia, Kennesaw State, Georgia State, Indiana, Augusta State, Coastal Carolina, Dartmouth, and Minnesota.

Hawkeye senior Jessica Ip will hold the No. 1 spot this weekend. Junior Kristin Glesne, senior Elisa Suarez, junior Shawn Rennegarbe, and senior Morgan Kukla round out the lineup.

RELATED: Women’s golf falls behind in Chapel Hill

Freshman Stephanie Herzog will compete as an individual for the second tournament in a row.

The tournament will be played at the Highlands course, which was designed in 1964 and underwent changes in 2006.

The team will try to shake off its last-place finish at the Ruth Chris Tar Heel Invitational two weeks ago. The first round is set to begin today at 7:30 a.m. (CDT).

The tourney will conclude the fall portion of the Hawkeye season.