Man arrested for throwing tomatoes at Donald Trump in Iowa City

A protester raises a sign against Donald Trump at the University Field House before Trump came out to speak on Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016. Through out the event multiple people were escorted out for protesting against Donald Trump’s campaign. (The Daily Iowan/Jordan Gale)

UPDATE (1:57 p.m.): A GoFundMe page was created on behalf of Alemao to pay a potential bail or to serve as a legal fund.

The tomatoes may have missed Trump, but they didn’t go unnoticed by the Secret Service.

According to a University of Iowa press release, UI Police arrested 28-year-old Andrew Joseph Alemao for disorderly conduct after he was seen throwing two tomatoes at Donald Trump last night. Republican presidential candidate Trump was in Iowa City to stage a rally at the UI Field House.

Alemao was taken in Secret Service custody and then transported by UI Police to the Johnson County Jail, according UI information. Disorderly conduct is a simple misdemeanor punishable by a fine up to $625 and/or imprisonment up to 30 days.

— By Chris Higgins @chris_higgins_