An evening with Cash

FilmScene and the Tuesday Agency are partnering up to host a special evening with musician, film producer, and author John Carter Cash.

The event will begin at 7 p.m. Friday at FilmScene Scene 1, 118 E. College St.. Admission is $50.

Cash has been involved with the music business his entire life, and being the only son of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, he strives to preserve his familys legacy as he pays homage to his musical ancestors.

After producing several of his mother’s albums, he released a CD of his own music titled Bitter Harvest, which was released to an international market in 2003. His most recent album, The Family Secret, received a three-star review in Rolling Stone.

Currently, Cash owns and operates Cash Productions LLC and the Cash Cabin Studio near Nashville, Tenn., where he continues to record music and work on his career as an author.

While in Iowa City, Cash will begin the night with a special screening of the Oscar-winning film Walk the Line, which tells the story of Cash’s parents. Having helped produce the film, Cash will introduce the movie and then host a post-screening Q&A with the viewers.

After the film, Cash will sign copies of his books House of Cash, Anchored in Love, Lupus Rex, and Momma Loves Her Little Son.

Then, everyone is invited to a reception at Clinton Street Social Club, 18.5 S. Clinton, where there will be an intimate music show at 10:30 p.m.

Cash will play an acoustic performance with his trio, and guests are invited to purchase cocktails and food items that have been taken from the Cash family cookbook.

It’s sure to be a special evening full of great music, food, and company in Iowa City.

— by Samantha Gentry

MUSIC

John Carter Cash