Juicy J conquers IMU

Juicy J conquered the IMU stage on Monday, with a sold-out show at capacity of 1,800 people.

There wasn’t an open spot in the venue as lights from cell phones lit up the IMU Main Lounge, showing an array of smoke, dancers, and excited fans awaiting their beloved rapper.

The concert began around 8 p.m. with artist, Bam Musik, a rapper from Burlington. The area artist, sponsored by Wide Spread Threads, is a trap-styled rapper and set the stage for Juicy J’s performance.

Before Juicy J took the stage, SCOPE security members had to deny fans access back into the concert after they had left because of audience members’ selling duplicate copies of their tickets.

Juicy J incorporated his new Stay Trippy album with songs such as "Bandz A Make Her Dance" and hit single "Bounce It," along with songs from his previous group, Three 6 Mafia, including "Stay Fly," "Poppin’ My Collar," and "Sippin’ on Some Syrup."

Juicy’s hit "Bandz A Make Her Dance" was one of the more entertaining numbers as four female audience members were brought onto stage to "twerk" with Juicy J and his group.

The crunk–style rapper was thoroughly interactive with the audience, asking, "Y’all ready to turn up?" and "Y’all ready to get ratchet?" before heading into the stage. Juicy J had a sound competition with the audience to discover the loudest section of the crowd before going down into the audience and completing several numbers on the ground, leaving an empty stage.

Juicy J left the audience staying "trippy" with his show as he interacted with his fans ultimately creating a "turnt up" crowd.