Iowa women’s basketball’s Caitlin Clark signs multi-year NIL deal with Indianapolis-based company Gainbridge

Gainbridge is an Indianapolis-based insurance and investments company with ties to the Indiana Fever.
Iowa guard Caitlin Clark smiles during a women’s basketball game between No. 3 Iowa and No. 14 Indiana at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024. Clark led the team in points with 30. The Hawkeyes defeated the Hoosiers, 84-57.

Caitlin Clark will soon be playing in the WNBA, and her brand deals keep growing.

The star point guard signed a multi-year brand ambassador deal with Gainbridge, an Indianapolis-based insurance and investments company, first reported by The Des Moines Register. The deal was already in the works before Clark declared and will extend into her pro career.

Clark is projected as the No. 1 overall pick, which is owned by the Indiana Fever. The Fever and Indiana Pacers play in Gainbridge Fieldhouse. The term “brand ambassador” means Gainbridge can use Clark’s name, image, and likeness in advertising and commercials. Gainbridge also sponsors the Indianapolis 500 and Formula One.

Gainbridge has ambassador deals with two other legendary names in women’s sports — 72-time LPGA Tour winner Annika Sörenstam and 39-time Grand Slam tennis champion Billie Jean King, who has tweeted about Clark’s accomplishments several times. Clark, the NCAA all-time leading scorer, joins Sörenstam and King in promoting ParityFlex, Gainbridge’s new product designed by women to help women in their retirement planning.

In honor of Women’s History Month, Clark’s signature will be included on the No. 26 Gainbridge Honda driven by IndyCar’s Colton Herta and the No. 77 Group 1001 Camaro driven by NASCAR’s Corey LaJoie in their respective races on March 10, per Sports Business Journal.

“I am honored to be part of the company’s deepening commitment to advancing opportunities for women, on and off the court, like this visionary new product for women,” Clark said in a statement. “Women of all ages need to think about their long-term financial goals.”