Curry to move to Office of the President

Sue Curry will leave her current role as interim executive VP and provost at the end of June.

Lily Smith

UI interim provost Sue Curry speaks during the state Board of Regents meeting at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls on Friday, Nov. 15, 2018.

Brooklyn Draisey, Summer Editor

University of Iowa interim Executive Vice President and Provost Sue Curry has been appointed to the position of administrative fellow in the Office of the President by UI President Bruce Harreld.

According to a press release, Curry will split her time between research and supporting major UI initiatives. She will also become senior adviser for preventative services for the National Institutes of Health, where she will identify and advance preventative research and advise on strategy and coordination between NIH and its partners in prevention. She will begin her appointment on June 28, at which time Montserrat Fuentes will assume her position as the new executive vice president and provost.

“I would like to thank Sue for her strong leadership and support for this institution as interim provost,” Harreld said in the release. “We are proud that the NIH is recognizing her scholarship and expertise, and we are fortunate to retain such a dedicated advocate for faculty and research.”

RELATED: University of Iowa selects Montserrat Fuentes as new provost

Curry will work half-time in her position, which will end no later than June 30, 2020, the press release said. She will keep her position as a tenured faculty member of the UI College of Public Health.

“It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve the University of Iowa,” Curry said in the release. “I’m absolutely delighted to continue to work with and contribute to this community.”