UI athletics announces Hall Class of 2018

Iowa athletics announced the most recent Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame class, and, as always, it did not disappoint people.

David Harmantas/The Daily Iowan

An Iowa football helmet on the sideline during a game against Purdue University on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. The Boilermakers defeated the Hawkeyes 24 to 15. (David Harmantas/The Daily Iowan)

On June 14, the Iowa Athletics Department announced the 2018 Hall of Fame Class.

The recipients are Kineke Alexander, Jared DeVries, Chris Hatcher, Sarah Lynch, Alexis Maday, Jeff McGinness, Bob Sanders, and John Streif. This is the 30th class to be inducted into the Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame.

“All Hawkeye athletes who have earned at least one varsity letter award at Iowa are eligible for the Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame. Athletes must have completed their eligibility 10 years, and coaches/administrators five years, prior to their induction,” a press release said.

The Hawkeyes will hear their names called on Aug. 31 in the Grand Coral Ballroom in the Coralville Marriott. According to the release, both the ceremony and reception are open to the public. Tickets may be purchased from hawkeyesports.com/HOFtickets for $20.

Facebook Comments