One on one with Bo Bower

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep
Iowa linebacker Bo Bower poses for a photo during Iowa Football Media Day on Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)

Daily Iowan football reporter Pete Ruden caught up with weakside linebacker Bo Bower, a senior from West Branch. 

Daily Iowan: Who is your go-to music artist?

Bo Bower: I got a lot of them. I really like listening to country. I like Luke Combs. His album came out two months ago, three months ago. Him and Cody Johnson, who’s kind of a West Texas kind of country singer. I like him too, he’s awesome.

DI: What’s your favorite movie of all time?

Bower: There’s a lot of them. I don’t know if I can name just one. I like war films. Saving Private Ryan is a classic. I’ll say that one.

DI: Who’s the best singer or rapper on the team?

Bower: People are going to be mad at me. Rapper, Mends is good, Aaron Mends is decent. Josh Jackson’s decent, too. Probably those two.

DI: What’s your favorite hobby outside of football?

Bower: Anything outdoors. I love to hunt, that would probably be No. 1.

RELATED: One on one with Boone Myers

DI: Who on the team would be the best president?

Bower: Drew Cook.

DI: If you had one wish, what would it be?

Bower: Probably fly. I wish I could fly.

DI: Who are your favorite NFL players?

Bower: I loved watching Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, [Navarro] Bowman. Probably those three for my favorites to watch defensively.

DI: If you had to assemble a basketball team with your teammates, who would be on it?

Bower: I don’t know if I’d be on it. Probably Josh [Jackson], Boone [Myers], even Josey [Jewell]. I don’t really know who else. That’s three. Maybe Miles [Taylor] or maybe Ike [Boettger]. Maybe Jon [Wisnieski], throw him in there. I’m just not good at basketball, so I’m not going to throw myself in there.

DI: Why did you choose number 41?

Bower: I didn’t choose it, but I’m glad I have it because I love the number. It’s a good linebacker number. Bob Stoops, he was 41, he’s a legend. Just carry on that jersey and put it in a better place.

DI: What’s the best fast food restaurant in your opinion?

Bower: It’s gotta be McDonald’s. All day.