Pete Bush to enter Glen Brand Hall of Fame

Former Iowa wrestler and NCAA champion Pete Bush was just recently selected into the Glen Brand Hall of Fame. The 2014 class was announced Wednesdat by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum.

Bush is one of five inductees selected. He won the 190-pound NCAA championship in 1982, helping Iowa to its then-fifth-straight team championship. Bush also won three Big Ten championships in 1981-82 and 1984.

Bush is the head wrestling coach at Davenport Assumption, where he led the team to a traditional state championship back in 2011. He led the team to three straight state dual championships from 2011-13. Bush was also an Iowa prep-wrestling champion at the same school in 1979.

Along with Bush, the 2014 Hall of Fame Class includes two-time Northern Iowa All-American Joel Greenlee, four-time Iowa State All-American Al Nacin, four-time Iowa high-school state champion Mack Reiter and former New Hampton and Waterloo West high school coach Finn Ericksen.

In addition to adding its new members, the Hall of Fame will also present special awards to the Bill and Bea Gibbons family, Chris Krueger, and Steve and Linda Wachal at the banquet on June 7.

The Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa was established in 2002 to honor those who have had an effect on the sport on a national level or who have done extraordinary work in Iowa. The hall recognizes native-born Iowans and those who achieved their fame while wrestling or coaching for an Iowa school.

— by Cody Goodwin