UI releases parking information for Friday’s basketball doubleheader, football parking

The ritual of parking the car for a Saturday football game on Friday evening will have some provisions this week with a basketball double-header scheduled for Friday night.

The night of hoops commences with Iowa women’s basketball facing Northern Illinois at 5:30 p.m. in Carver-Hawkeye Arena and finishes with the men’s team taking on Texas-Pan American at 8 p.m. or 30 minutes after the conclusion of the women’s game.

Anyone attempting to park for the basketball games will have access to four lots and two parking ramps.

Lot 43, located west of Kinnick Stadium and next to the Recreation Building, will have room for both football and basketball patrons. The same situation will occur at lot 75, located next to the Banks Baseball Stadium and across the road from the south entrance to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Lot 33 (just east of Carver-Hawkeye Arena), hospital parking ramps 3 and 4, and Lot 65 — also known as the Finkbine Commuter Lot — will all be open exclusively for basketball attendees.

Those parking before or during the early stages of the women’s basketball game will be able to park for free. The lots will charge $5 beginning at 6:30 p.m. for those attending the double-header or just the men’s basketball game.

Those planning on parking the night before for Iowa’s 11 a.m. football game on Saturday against Purdue will have to wait until 7:30 p.m. on Friday to park their vehicles, although location-assigned parking passes will be honored as labeled.

by Ian Martin