Familiar faces highlight Game Time rankings

1. Monica’s/Bob’s Your Uncle (3-0)

Monica’s/Bob’s Your Uncle has been the most consistent team in the Game Time League. Led by former Hawkeye standout Kachine Alexander, the squad has dominated its first three games and outscored its opponents 278 to 186.

Alexander looks like she hasn’t skipped a beat since her days at Iowa. The 5-9 guard from Minneapolis has averaged 22 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 4 assists per contest.

Last week: No. 1

2. Cullen Painting/Falbo (3-0)

Cullen Painting/Falbo may be the luckiest squad in the league. The team’s 9.3-point margin of victory — including a 6-point nailbiter on Wednesday — is the slimmest in Game Time.

Last week: No. 2

3. Coralville Hy-Vee (2-1)

The Coralville Hy-Vee squad features two of the Game Time League’s most exciting players, incoming Iowa freshmen Samantha Logic and Virginia Johnson.

Logic was an ESPN.com five-star recruit and the 5-11 Racine, Wis., native has not disappointed fans so far this season, averaging 21 points per contest. Johnson, a 6-1 Iowa City native, leads the Game Time League in rebounding with 10 boards per game.

Coralville Hy-Vee got off to a slow start this season and lost its first game by 10 points. Since then, however, it has won two-straight games by a combined 31 points.

Last week: No. 3

4. Vinton Merchants/McCurry’s (1-2)

Inconsistent play has hurt Vinton Merchants/McCurry’s. The squad won its opener by a landslide 24 points but has dropped its last two. Kamille Wahlin and Company lost by 10 points on June 29 before falling by 37 points to Monica’s on Wednesday.

Vinton still features one of the best players in the league in Wahlin, though. The Game Time League’s No. 1-overall draft pick has averaged a league-best 25 points per game.

Last week: No. 4

5. Pelling/Culver’s (0-3)

You know how defense wins championships?

Apparently, Pelling/Culver’s doesn’t. The squad has given up a league-worst 83 points per game.

Still, the team showed some improvement on Wednesday. After being blown out in its first two games by 24 and 27 points, Pelling came within a few points of knocking off undefeated and No. 2-ranked Cullen. A late rally wasn’t enough, though, and the squad fell, 79-73.

Last week: No. 6

6. Two Rivers/Coach’s Corner (0-3)

Injuries have cost the Two River’s/ Coach’s Corner — All-American Jaime Printy, the team’s first-round draft pick, hasn’t played all summer while recovering from wrist surgery.

Printy hasn’t been the only Two Rivers player to miss substantial amounts of time. Four other players — Caitlin Kray, Jenna Lehman, Zoe Dutchik, and Ally Disterhoft — have missed at least one game.

Last week: No. 5

Player of the Week: Morgan Johnson

Johnson had her best game of the summer on Wednesday, and beat out Alexander and Logic for the Player of the Week award.

The center’s 25 points tied for the league lead, and she also pulled down 16 rebounds. What pushes her over the top, though, was that she played against tougher competition by facing undefeated Cullen while Logic and Alexander defeated teams by 19 and 37 points, respectively.

The DI’s Game Time rankings will be published every Friday. Teams are ranked by overall record, and tiebreakers are decided by record over the past two games.