Trendspotter: Laziness

Get off your pathetic lazy asses, college students — it’s time to get back to class.

Sure, it was nice to lie around all summer and watch reruns of “Beverly Hills, 90210” on SOAPnet, but that’s not going to help when it comes to trying to pass that first physics exam. Even Steve Sanders did a bit of work once in a while.But maybe the drama of Brenda and Kelly just isn’t your style. After all, it’s possible you made sure to request Sunday nights off of your lame video-store job to watch a string of less-than-spectacular HBO shows. But “True Blood” won’t help you participate in Topics in Modern British Literature Before 1900 discussion section. In fact, it’ll make the rest of the class want to pull a Van Helsing on your Dracula-lovin’ ass.

Were Sookie’s teeth so obnoxious that you couldn’t even deal enough to watch the soft-core vampire porn? Then maybe you curled up on the couch, shoved in “Gilmore Girls,” and proceeded to watch all seven seasons back-to-back, only taking breaks to pee and make sandwiches. But watching Rory Gilmore run the Yale Daily News with a staff of five won’t help you get any good pointers for your Reporting and Writing class, unless all you want to learn his how to sit at a desk and drink coffee nonstop.

So it’s time, ladies and gentlemen: Give your butt a break from the couch to go sit in a hard chair in a lecture hall for a few hours and do something useful with your time.