Tips For Transporting Furniture From One City To Another In A Move

Any moving process implies prior planning work so that the result is successful. The task can be exhausting, both physically and mentally, especially when it comes to removals with a very long journey. In addition, when furniture has to be transported from one city to another, this concern is intensified, since they are shipments of bulky and heavy items, with a very high economic value in many cases.

How To Transport Furniture From One City To Another

The shipment of furniture between two points, when it comes to two different cities, must be carefully prepared. The tasks include disassembling the furniture when possible, protecting the items to be moved and, transversally, selecting a transport company with experience in these tasks. You can also take help from expert company, just search for a reliable company by searching movers near me and you will get best results.

Transport Of Furniture, Disassemble Them To Gain Space

Many pieces of furniture can be completely disassembled. Others may be partially, but it is true that some pieces have to go as they are. As long as the piece of furniture can be disassembled, this is the most recommended option, as it facilitates the transport process and increases its protection against bumps, scratches or falls during transport.

In the transport of small furniture, this alternative can be eliminated, since it will take more work to disassemble and reassemble the furniture than to load it into the removal vehicle in its complete form.

Furniture Transport Packaging

A second key procedure is packing, which becomes essential when the transfer is going to take a long time. The task requires the use of protective elements such as moving blankets, foam wrap, cardboard, newspaper… and all of this held in place by packaging film.

The use of pallets is also a good idea, especially with furniture, because if they are placed on these platforms, the operators of the removal company can easily move and rotate them without suffering impacts.

Finally, all packaging must be marked to identify it and protect the most delicate parts, also ensuring small parts such as screws, anchors and other essential elements for assembly.

Which Moving Company Are You Going To Hire?

Furniture transport can be carried out independently, by the family itself that is going to change residence, or professionally, with services such as the one we offer at H2H movers.

The second option is highly recommended, since in our case we have all the necessary permits and experience to perform this task without difficulty, guaranteeing that the belongings will arrive at their destination in perfect condition.

Factors By Which The Budget Varies In The Transport Of Furniture

After knowing how to plan a shipment of furniture from one city to another, is  important piece of information is how much the furniture transport budget will amount to. Here issues such as the shipping date, the total kilometers to be covered and the number of items to include in the move, as well as the issues of the service, come into play.

Depending on the company to hire, the packing and packaging is the responsibility of the client himself or it is the company that offers it, but with an addition to the budget. In turn, it is necessary to add to these aspects such as moving insurance and the cost of all the necessary permits in case there is occupation of the public highway in the place of destination.

Transporting furniture from one city to another requires a significant planning process, carefully protecting those items to be moved and, whenever possible, relying on an experienced, reputable removal company.