Spencer Lee listed in probable CyHawk lineup

After being on the sidelines for Iowa’s first Big Ten meet, Spencer Lee is back on the lineup card.

David Harmantas

Iowa’s #1 ranked Spencer Lee grapples with Princeton’s #14 ranked Patrick Glory in a 125-lb weight class bout at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Friday, Nov. 16, 2018. Lee won via Technical Fall, 17-2. (David Harmantas/The Daily Iowan)

Anna Kayser, Assistant Sports Editor

Sophomore Spencer Lee is back at the top of the projected lineup for Iowa’s upcoming home meet against Iowa State.

Iowa wrestling won its first meet against Purdue on Nov. 24 without its No. 1 ranked 125-pounder.

Lee wasn’t listed on the lineup card due to reasons undisclosed by the team.

Both Lee and senior Perez Perez are listed in the 125 slate for Saturday, so it will be a game-time decision of who goes out to wrestle Iowa State’s listed starter, Alex Mackall.

Lee last saw action on Nov. 16 against Princeton, taking down No. 14 Patrick Glory by technical fall.

Iowa only has two meets left before the Midlands Championships on Dec. 29 and 30: this weekend against Iowa State, and a home meet on Dec. 8 against Lehigh.

Even if Lee doesn’t see the mat for the CyHawk series, his name in the lineup is one step closer to him returning to competition.