A show for both "naughty" and "nice"

Catering to both “naughty” and “nice” audiences, the fourth-annual “Sugar and Spice: A Naughty and Nice Holiday Cabaret” will be performed on Saturday at the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, 1305 Fifth St.

Chris Okiishi, one of the creators of the holiday show, said it is intended to put audiences in the holiday spirit, no matter their persuasion.

“The evening is divided into two parts: the nice part and the naughty part, of holiday songs, and skits, and group numbers that are designed to entertain and delight,” Okiishi said.

To put together the cabaret, Okiishi and other creators went through more than 200 holiday albums trying to find the right set list for both cabarets.

“In the Nice Cabaret, people will see a really fun talent show, pageant-like show with a children’s choir and some really amazing voices,” Okiishi said. “For the naughty show, they’ll see all of that, except for the children’s choir, plus some relatively scandalous and very funny, yet poignant moments.”

Tickets for the individual cabarets are priced at $10, while a pass for both nice and not-so-nice portions of the evening costs $15.

“Our goal is to create an evening to kick off the holiday season, and it’s also acknowledging the holidays are sometimes are hectic and annoying,” he said.

— by Devyn Young

THEATER