Lollapalooza to rock Chicago

Every August, Grant Park in Chicago hosts a three-day music festival — a modern Woodstock, if you will. People across the country flock to the hub of Illinois for Lollapalooza to see some of the biggest names in music. In addition to seeing alternative, rock, hip-hop, country, and almost every other type of genre, there are other activities to take part in: crafting, comedy shows, after-hours shows, and much more.

Headliners this year include Lorde, Eminem, Arctic Monkeys, Outkast, Skrillex, and Calvin Harris, just to name a few. Not only is the music bumping, but so is the menu. Most festival-goers will testify that one cannot fully enjoy Lollapalooza without tasting the wide array of different cuisines available at Chow Town, put on by Chicago’s master chef Graham Elliot. Local vendors make their way to Grant Park to feed the thousands of hungry hipsters daily. It is always fun and interesting to take a break and get some gourmet vegan stir fry instead of your usual burger and fries from Wendy’s. Lollapalooza does not mess around with its music or food.

The list of Chow Town vendors grows every year, and this year will be the grandest of all. Chow Town’s partners include Bar Toma, Big Fork Brands, Chubby Wieners, Edzo’s Burger Shop, Franco’s Ristorante, Gyro Café, Kamehachi, La Colombe Coffee Roasters, Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, Peeled Juice Bar, and approximately 40 more. There will be something to snack on for anyone who fancies a good bite to eat.

Lollapalooza is more than your average music festival. It transforms historic Grant Park into a cultural hub in the Windy City, situated between downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan. The food, the people, and the music cannot be matched by anything else in the Midwest.