Ferreira to perform

SCOPE and the 10,000 Hours Show will host a performance by Sky Ferreira this weekend.

The concert will begin at 8 p.m. April 13 in the IMU Main Ballroom. The show will open with Iowa’s  electronic-pop duo Trouble Lights. Admission is $20 and can be purchased at the IMU Hub or via Ticketmaster outlets.

Growing up in Los Angeles, Ferreira was immersed in the music industry. Before the age of 15, she had worked with Britney Spears’ producers and had met Michael Jackson.

After dropping out of high school, Ferreira started uploading videos on MySpace of her singing songs she wrote, which led to being discovered by producers Bloodshy & Avant and a recording contact with Parlophone in 2009.

In 2011, Ferreira released her first extended play, As If, which combined electro-pop and dance music. Her début album, Night Time, My Time, was released in October 2013 and led to her hit single "You’re Not the One."

The synth-pop artist incorporates dark lyrical themes in her music while also maintaining a "spirited personality" on- and offstage.

She has continued to dive into new realms, and she appeared in the movie The Green Inferno.

But recently, Ferreira toured with Vampire Weekend and is now on the Bangerz Tour with Miley Cyrus. This past week, Ferreira was also the musical guest on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" where she performed her new hit "I Blame Myself." 

– by Samantha Gentry