Logic, Doolittle, Disterhoft earn postseason honors

Three members of the Iowa women’s basketball team received postseason honors, the Big Ten announced Wednesday. Junior guard Samantha Logic was named a unanimous first-team All Big Ten player by Big Ten coaches and was also a selection by the media. Logic averaged 14 points, 7 assists, and 6.6 rebounds per game in the regular season. Logic is now the program’s career assist-record holder with 577, and she has tallied 219 this season, two more than she compiled in her sophomore season. 

Center Bethany Doolittle was named to the All-Big Ten second team and All-Defense team from the coaches and second team from the media. Doolittle averaged 13.9 points per game this season, almost doubling the average in her sophomore season. She has compiled 95 blocks this season and also averaged almost 5 rebounds per game.

Disterhoft was named to the All-Freshman team by the coaches. After coming off the bench for the team’s first 19 games, Disterhoft was moved into the starting lineup for the final 10 after a blowout loss to Michigan State, and she helped Iowa earn its way to a 23-win regular season. The Iowa City native averaged 12 points per game and was one of the team’s leading rebounders with 6 a game.

The Iowa women’s basketball team heads into postseason play, which begins on Thursday with a Big Ten Tournament matchup against Illinois — the third meeting of the season for the two teams.