Women’s golf heads to the Hoosier Fall Invitational

The Iowa women’s golf team will conclude its fall season this weekend at the Hoosier Fall Invitational in Florence, Ind. The Belterra Casino and Resort will host the 54-hole event.

Second-year head coach Megan Menzel has made one change to the lineup — senior Gigi DiGrazia will replace sophomore Nicole Rae, who competed in the Johnie Imes Invitational in Columbia, Mo,. on Oct. 1-2. DiGarzia competed in two of the Hawkeyes’ previous three tournaments.

The rest of the Iowa lineup will consist of senior Kristi Cardwell, sophomores Shelby Phillips and Lauren English, and freshman Briana Midkiff. Amy Ihm, a freshman from Peosta, Iowa, will also compete as an individual but won’t factor in to the team’s overall score.

Twelve teams will be participating in Florence. The Hawkeyes will compete against four other Big Ten teams: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

The Hawkeyes have improved their total team score in every tournament thus far in the fall. At the Imes Invitational, the Black and Gold carded a 896 (plus-32) over 54 holes, 23 strokes lower than their total in the Dick McGuire Invitational.

Play will begin Saturday with a shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. Players will complete 36 holes on Saturday and then finish the event with 18 holes on Oct. 14.