No suspensions, seemingly, for Iowa football players after legal troubles

Iowa football senior captain Micah Hyde was listed as a starting cornerback on Tuesday when the team released its weekly depth chart.

Hyde was arrested on Oct. 6 on charges of public intoxication and interference with official acts. According to the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the 21-year old pleaded not guilty to the former charge and guilty to the latter on Monday.

Head coach Kirk Ferentz said in a statement on Oct. 6 that Iowa would follow the UI student-athlete Code of Conduct in dealing with the incident. And if the released depth chart is any indication, Hyde will start for a 32nd-consecutive game on Oct. 13 against Michigan State rather than serve a suspension.

Tight end Ray Hamilton was also on the team’s two-deeps after a legal run-in of his own during the team’s bye weekend. Hamilton was ticketed for being in a bar underage after hours. He will pay a $465 fine, including a surcharge and court costs. But the sophomore was listed as a No. 2 tight end on Tuesday.

Also of note on the released depth chart was the return of running back Damon Bullock. The sophomore suffered a head injury on Sept. 15 against Northern Iowa, and he missed the next two games. He had done well early in the season, gaining 280 yards on 65 carries. But he’ll return as a backup.

Bullock is the No. 2 running back on the depth chart behind former fullback Mark Weisman, who burst onto the scene in his absence.