Some football tickets to see price hike

The price of nonstudent Iowa football tickets will rise by an average of $2 apiece for the 2012 season, the Hawkeye Athletics Department said during a meeting of the Presidential Committee on Athletics on Thursday.

A seven-game season ticket for the general public will now cost $388. UI faculty tickets will cost $318.

Student season tickets will still cost $175 for all seven Iowa home games, but students can purchase a six-game package for $150. That package won’t include a seat at Iowa’s game against Nebraska on Nov. 23.

"Every year, we have to sit down and figure out how we bring in more revenue — or at least as much revenue as our expenditures," Athletics Director Gary Barta told reporters after the meeting. "When you look at our schedule coming up this year and the national prices, this was the year we decided we needed to increase by $2."

Single-game ticket prices were also announced on Thursday. Iowa’s games against Iowa State and Nebraska will cost $70; Big Ten matchups against Minnesota, Penn State, and Purdue will cost $65.

The Hawkeyes’ other two nonconference home games will cost $60 (Northern Iowa) or $55 (Central Michigan).

Those single-game tickets will go on sale in June or July, if they’re still available.

— by Seth Roberts