Intramurals: Back That Pass Up obliterates PDT in Wednesday matchup

Back That Pass Up stayed undefeated as it shellacked PDT in a Wednesday night matchup of intramural flag football, 45-6.

Pass Up (4-0) dominated on both sides of the ball, while PDT looked clueless.

Pass Up’s offense was running on all cylinders and scored on every drive. Pass Up was so dominating that the team only had one drive that lasted more than two plays.

"Everything was working today, our offense and our defense especially," Pass Up player Jake Winner said. "I thought that team was pretty good, but we just showed up more ready, I guess."

It seemed as if it was definitely ready. PDT (1-3) opted to take possession at the start of the game and began what looked like a promising drive that started with a 50-yard one-handed grab. On the next play, though, Pass Up’s Wes Spading intercepted a throw in the end zone to stop any early scoring chance.

After the interception, Spading ran for 75 yards on the second play of the drive for a touchdown.

When PDT got the ball back, it marched down the field to first and goal on the 1-yard line. Pass Up made four-straight stops to once again crush the PDT scoring opportunity.

"I’d like to give a shout out to my teammates — they all played really well when we needed them to," Winner said.

Despite poor field position, Spading and Pass Up completed a full-field touchdown pass to stun PDT.

"We all came out feeling dead, and that didn’t help us as we got in a hole early," PDT leader Andrew Billups said.

PDT put together its only scoring drive of the night just before the halftime break. But the squad missed the extra point and found itself in a deep 27-6 hole at the break.

PDT showed some life starting in the third quarter, moving the ball upfield quickly. The drive was slowed by two penalties, though, and it stalled out inside the 5-yard line once again.

That was the last opportunity PDT had in the game, because Pass Up took over. It scored on three consecutive drives and forced PDT into three-straight three-and-outs to put the game well out of reach. The Pass Up signal caller, Spading, orchestrated these drives and confused PDT’s defense, loading one side of the field with three receivers but throwing to the lone receiver lined up on the other.

"We didn’t play our best football," Billups said. "We did really well in one good game [early in the season], but this was still a good game. We will definitely bounce back. We’re all brothers, and we walk off the field together, so hopefully we can work together on the field."