Iowa basketball schedules released

The Iowa men’s and women’s basketball teams unveiled their schedules for the 2011-12 season, according to releases from the programs on Wednesday.

The Big Ten also completed its television schedule on Wednesday; the Hawkeye men will appear on an ESPN network seven times. The Hawkeye women will have seven of their conference matchups televised.

Both teams begin their 2011-12 campaigns on Nov. 6 in double-header fashion in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Lisa Bluder’s squad is scheduled to face Winona State at 1 p.m., and Fran McCaffery’s men’s team will tip off against Northwest Missouri State at 3:30 p.m.

Notable stretches of the slate for McCaffery and the Hawkeyes include opening the Big Ten portion of the schedule with seven-straight games against 2010 NCAA Tournament participants.

The Iowa men’s Big Ten/ACC Challenge matchup this year is at home against Clemson on Nov. 29 at 8:15 p.m. on ESPNU.

Overall, Iowa (11-20 in 2010) will play 19 of its 31 contests in Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

The Iowa women’s team is scheduled to face 10 teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago. The Hawkeyes (22-9 in 2010) open the season with four-straight home games, including two in the Hawkeye Challenge in Iowa City on Nov. 12-13.

Bluder and the Hawkeyes’ Big Ten/ACC Challenge game will be at home against Virginia Tech on Nov. 30.

The men and women’s Big Ten Tournaments will take place at Conseco Field House in Indianapolis.

The women are scheduled to play March 1-4, and the men will take the court on March 8-11.

— by Matt Cozzi