Police: Woman was abused for 17 hours

A local woman was attacked and held against her will for 17 hours, police report.

Kenneth Clark, 43, was charged Monday with two counts of endangerment/no injury domestic abuse assault with intent, false imprisonment, willful injury causing serious injury, prevention of apprehension, providing false information to law enforcement, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to a complaint, officers were dispatched to 12 Holiday Lodge after receiving reports of a domestic-violence situation. Once officers reached the residence, they reportedly saw that the woman had lacerations on her forehead and the back of her head, which were accompanied by severe bruising on the majority of her body, the complaint said.

Later, at the hospital, police said, “Her eyes had swelled nearly shut and were black.”

Clark was identified by the woman as the assailant, who had allegedly held her against her will in her home from 3 a.m. to 8 p.m. The woman said she tried to escape but was dragged back inside the home and was afraid to attempt leaving again.

Officers located Clark hours later, attempting to hitchhike on Highway 965. After picking the defendant up, Clark allegedly gave police two false aliases.

In the trailer, the complaint said, officers allegedly discovered a crack cocaine pipe and other paraphernalia.

The couple’s 7- and 4-year old daughters were present and in the residence, police said.

— by Brittany Till