Bitch Please: Jimmy Fallon goes late night

Jimmy Fallon is a tool

“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” is almost as bad as NBC’s following show, “Last Call with Carson Daly.” Maybe it’s just because Fallon has to live up to the high standards set by Conan O’Brien, but for a late-night talk-show host, Fallon just isn’t funny.

He lacks the charisma and ability to entertain — two characteristics required for a talk-show host. Every time Fallon tells a joke that is barely funny, he gets an idiotic smirk on his face and often laughs at himself — something he frequently did on “Saturday Night Live.”

One noticeable pattern to Fallon’s jokes is that he will tell one, notice the terrible reception it got with the audience, and then talk about how the joke sucked as if that excuses everything. It doesn’t.

The only remotely amusing thing about Fallon’s show are some of the guests, though that has nothing to do with Fallon’s interview skills or comedic jabs.

Late-night TV viewers are better off watching Craig Ferguson on CBS’s *The Late Late Show* instead.

— by Eric Andersen

Give Jimmy a chance

Since Jimmy Fallon took over Conan’s spot on “Late Night” a couple months ago, all I’ve heard from people is that “he sucks” and “doesn’t know what he’s doing.” Now, I admit he wasn’t the best on “Saturday Night Live,” but come on, give the man a chance. He hasn’t been at this talk-show thing for very long, and he’s still learning. How many of you were around to watch Conan fumble at the beginning of his career?

So many people are all criticizing Fallon’s supposed inability to tell funny jokes and his frequent habit of laughing at himself, but that’s what late night is about. People didn’t watch for the clever jokes Jay Leno made about Michael Jackson, but they watch to see the funny banter and exchange among the hosts, celebrities, and audience members. Fallon is succeeding at this. He’s having fun on stage with his guests and studio audience. Give him a break, he’s got big shoes to fill.

— by Eric Sundermann