Trendspotter: Public Embarrassment

It’s been a rough week for Hollywood-folk. Not only has the press gone wild over actor David Carradine’s shocking death, but Poison front man Bret Michaels face-planted hard on his Tony Award début, and controversial Miss California was finally dethroned. What’s one thing this dramatic triage has in common? Humiliation on a level so high it would make Richard Simmons blush.

Let’s take them one at a time.

Though David Carradine’s death (known for roles in “Kung Fu” and Kill Bill ) was tragic, the situation surrounding his passing away is getting humiliating. Allegedly, Carradine’s body was found hanging in the closet of a Bangkok hotel room. Reports first said he had committed suicide, until word leaked that he was also found with a rope around his man-parts.

Oh no, it gets worse.

Talk about being into kinky shit, one of his ex-wives said Carradine used to enjoy riding horses in a Speedo after tying himself up. Poor guy, now the whole world knows he was into S&M.

The next utterly humiliating star moment, while not sexual (for once), was still funny as hell. After performing his tune “Nothing but a Good Time,” Bret Michaels walked off stage at the Tonys on Sunday only to miss his mark and get knocked down by the set. The result is a broken nose and public shame. Though by now, making a complete fuck-up of himself in public must be something Michaels is used to.

Additionally, Miss California is no more. Though nude photos couldn’t take her crown, Carrie Prejean was finally stripped of it when Donald Trump fired her from her pageant duties. Apparently, Prejean failed to live up to her contract and missed several social events she had been scheduled to attend. All of that “hard work” and she couldn’t even make it to a few parties.

Way to go, Miss California, and way to go Hollywood.