Bitch Please: PC vs. Mac

Mac is the Man

Until about three weeks ago, I was a PC user. I researched and switched. And now, I couldn’t be happier.

Mac’s superiority is obvious in many areas, the first being security. The majority of viruses out there are Windows-based, and bearing that in combination with the advanced security features of OSX, your Mac is almost invincible.

Next, people argue PC’s are much cheaper. Though this may be true initially, if you want to upgrade to the operating level of the Mac, the price ends as a wash. Another aspect of Mac superiority deals with the company’s claim to “plug it in, and it works.” It may seem far-fetched, but virtually anything you plug into your computer — printer, camera, whatever — you don’t deal with the installation garbage. It just works.

Finally, Mac’s are not only beautiful on the inside, but on the outside. The sleek aluminum looks badass. If a girl sees you doing your homework on a new, aluminum covered machine in Java House, there is a good chance you could get laid.

I Love My PC

I know what you’re going to say.

Macs are way cooler. They’re sleeker, smarter, and significantly more creative. If the PC and Mac were in a classroom, the PC would be the loser in the back who could never talk to a girl, and the Mac would be the sensitive, yet uber-cool guy who has the girls flocking — constantly.

But it’s just not that way. The way I see it, the PC is just not as bad as people think it is. People talk with their money, and on the fiscal scale the PC has the Mac beat hands down. After all, Apple only occupies 8 percent of the market. And there’s a lot more choice with PCs — competition is a good thing. On average, they’re cheaper, and for those of us who don’t want to build robots with our computers, we’re fine with keeping the programs we have.

As far as the seeming downsides of the PC go — i.e. viruses, hooking up external devices, etc — I’ve never had that much trouble. Just like with any other machine, be smart and patient. The world’s best and smartest computer is going to crash under the most unqualified of hands. Say what you will. I’m not complaining about the life I’ve had with PCs.