Three men charged with criminal gang participation

Authorities have accused two Iowa City men and a North Liberty man of participating in armed robbery, among numerous other offenses, on Dec. 4.

Mozell McKee, 20, was charged with second-degree theft, fourth-degree criminal mischief, third-degree burglary, first-degree robbery, assault with a dangerous weapon, criminal gang participation, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana, second offense.

Xavier Wright, 19, was charged with second-degree theft, fourth-degree criminal mischief, third-degree burglary, Class D Felony, criminal gang participation, first-degree robbery, and fifth-degree possession of stolen property.

Cordarro Pearson, 18, was charged with second-degree theft, fourth-degree criminal mischief, third-degree burglary, criminal gang participation, and first-degree robbery.

According to online court documents, various reports of robbery, burglary, motor-vehicle theft, and gun-related incidents took place from 6:13 p.m. to 8:17 p.m. on Dec. 4. The incidents ranged from the 300 block of East College Street to the 200 block of South Dubuque Street to the 800 block of Iowa Avenue to the intersection of Gilbert and Fairchild Streets.

In one incident, he group arrived at the victim’s home and knocked on his door. Once he answered, McKee allegedly pointed a gun at him and asked him for his wallet.

The victim complied and gave McKee his wallet.

The three men also reportedly took off with several pieces of the victim’s property, including his iPhone and backpack.

McKee was reportedly later seen in a video wearing the victim’s backpack.

The victim later identified McKee, Wright, and Pearson in a photo lineup.

— by Alyssa Guzman