Beer of the Week: St. Peter’s Cream Stout

Name: St. Peter’s Cream Stout

Product Of: St. Peter’s Brewery, Suffock, United Kingdom

Serving Style: chilled bottle

Size: 1 pint, 9 fluid oounces

Bursting with delightful fragrances and a truly unique taste, St. Peter’s Cream Stout is fantastic example of why beer should be bought from experienced brewers.

Smell: The aroma makes a powerful impression upon the nose without overpowering. Primarily it consists of roasted, malty, yeast, and licorice. Notes of coffee and hops are also there if you really get your nose up in the glass, which believe it or not, you might want to do. 4.7/5

Appearance:  The Cream Stout pours almost ink black into the glass and supports an initially thick beige head that fades quickly without lacing the glass at all. Carbonation bubbles disturb the surface of the beer, but besides that factor, it’s pretty difficult to say much more about it from the sight alone.  4.2/5

Taste: From the moment beer meets tongue, the carbonation makes itself known. The taste delivers what one would expect from the smell, but with strong notes of chocolate making an appearance. The mouth-feel is relatively tongue coating, which is quite nice given the creamy combination of roasted malts and chocolate flavors. Loved it. 4.8/5

Overall: The St. Peter’s Cream Stout is a beer that won’t disappoint even the most casual of beer drinkers. It goes down smoothly, and dazzles the palate afterwards. This modestly labeled beer is worth a try on any occasion. 13.7/15