Mansions on the Moon plays the Mill

Mansions on the Moon will bring its electronic-rock style to Iowa City for the first time this weekend.

The group will perform at 9 p.m. Saturday at the Mill, 120 E. Burlington St. Admission is $10 in advance, $12 the day of the show.

Guitarist Ted Wendler said he looks forward to the show because he grew up in Cedar Rapids.

"It’s my first time to play in my hometown, so I know it’s going to be really fun, and it will be nice to show people what I’ve been up to," he said.

The band formed a little over a year ago in LA, but the members have worked with many well-known artists in the music industry.

The trio has collaborated with N*E*R*D, toured with Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller, and produced the track "PA Nights" for his new album, Blue Slide Park. The band also created official remixes for Zee Avi and Foster the People.

Mansions on the Moon is on tour in support of its latest release, LIGHTYEARS. The five-song EP displays the band’s ability to compose creative and original material and also showcases its electric live performances. This is the band’s first multi-regional headlining tour, and Wendler said fans have been "digging" the music.

"We started the tour in LA to a sold-out show, and it was really crazy, and we got a great response," Wendler said. "[The album] has been really positively received and we’re having a blast."

— by Samantha Gentry